The document exchange between customer and supplier organisation is one of the biggest challenges Purchasing and Finance departments have to deal with.
Often documents such as order confirmations, invoices and delivery notes are sent by the supplier via post, fax or email. This can be very time consuming and errors can happen when information needs to be manually transferred into their procurement management system.
The solution for these problems is EDI – Electronic Data Interchange, an information technology that enables the transfer of standardised messages between information systems without any human intervention.
Once setup on both business sites, EDI allows you to directly order out of your procurement system. After sending an order through to us, you will receive all relevant documents including order confirmations, delivery notes, invoices and others directly into your system. This results in a big win for your purchasing, finance and administration teams.
On request, Wurth provides the following electronic documents:
- Delivery Notes for an automation of incoming goods
- Single and/or bulk invoices for simplified procurement control and payments
- Explicit queries such as list of procurement movement
- Bi-directional information flows such as order confirmations
- Massive reduction of human intervention
- No manually caused errors
- High reliability and accuracy of exchanged information
- High reliability and accuracy with the documents management and archiving
- Saves time and processing costs
- Reduction of paper documents and related costs
- Fast trade traffic